Sunday, April 27, 2008

GAMES 24-26 - April 25-27: Passed Over, Again...

GAME 24: Houston 3, St Louis 2
GAME 25: St Louis 4, Houston 3
GAME 26: St Louis 5, Houston 1

Word for the Day: "WAH!"

After spending the weekend celebrating the end of Passover with even more cooking and eating and drinking and guests, I was really looking forward to going online tonight to find that the Astros had a big juicy win today. Something fun to watch on the mlb.tv archive while packing up all of my Passover stuff for another year. Unfortunately, it was a crummy loss; even after three baseball-free days I wasn't in the mood to watch it.

When I last saw the Astros, they were in the throes of a big scoring bonanza. Meanwhile, in my absence, they have gone back to their low-scoring ways - only managing 7 runs over the weekend. That was good for one win on Friday night - maybe I'll watch that one tonight at midnight.

One odd thing about these games: In previous years there has always been a very strong rivalry between the Astros and the Cards, but it's always been characterized by what appeared to be a respectful sportsmanship. That doesn't seem to be the case this season: Pujols roughed up Towles in the earlier series, and Backe exchanged some loud words with him as a result. Then in this series, there were two pitching incidents that caused the benches to clear, although nothing came to blows. Maybe it's just the new Astros, it's a very different team this year.

The Astros are off to Arizona for their next series. That means games that start at 9:40 PM my time, so I'll have won't have any excuses for not going to the gym on the way home from work. Time to pay the price for all that Passover food and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Go 'Stros!