Sunday, June 15, 2008

GAME 70 - June 15: Gone Fishin'

NY Yankees 13, Houston 0

Quote of the Day: "Today we didn't play hard, we didn't even show up. Didn't even compete. Total embarrassment. Forty thousand people, and we don't even show up." (Cooper, on the Fathers Day Flunkout)

If the Astros didn't bother to really play today, as their frustrated manager claimed afterwards, then I don't need to bother writing up this debacle. For the first time since Opening Day, the Astros were shut out, and it was a doozy. I always say that there's something to like about every game, but I'd have to stretch to find anything at all to like about this one. When the high point of a team's performance is the starting pitcher's two singles, on a day when he gives up 7 ER in less than 6 innings, that's a pretty sad game. But I said I wasn't going to write this one up, and I'm not. I'm taking the night off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Go 'Stros!