Friday, March 19, 2010

Astros Fans, Young and Young at Heart

Another quick game at Osceola County Stadium today, as the Astros shut out the Blue Jays 2-0. In the three games I've seen since I arrived, the Astros relievers have not yet given up a run. I'm going to have more to say about this game later, but right now I'm in a bit of a rush -- I've got some really special guests coming over in a little while to join Elizabeth and me for our Sabbath dinner. But first, I want to post my Astros Fans of the Game.

The first is a familiar face at Astros Spring training -- Helen Knowling, also known as the Baking Lady for the cookies that she's baked for the team for years. If you haven't seen her at the game, you've probably heard her cow bell. Mrs. Knowling is a long-time season ticket holder at the ball park, and a great fan.

The next Fan of the Game came prepared to cheer - she brought a sign to show her team how she feels. Hope is well named - we should all be hoping for a great season for the Astros. Her cheering paid off, both with a win and a foul ball, which she got autographed after the game. Here she is with Brian Esposito.
 


My next Fan of the Game asked a very common question at baseball games: "Is it the ninth inning yet?" Jonanna  asked this in the third inning, but was rewarded for her patience with a foul ball, which she also got autographed after the game.(This question reminded my sister of the time her then-young daughter asked in the middle of a ballgame: "Mommy, do those men have to pay a lot of money to play that game?") Joanna lives in Tallahassee, but her mom Vanessa was born in Houston, so they were cheering for the Astros

 
Last but not least, here are two fantastic fans, who live in Houston, but who are honorary Fans in Exile anyway - Carole and Bob.


I need to go get dinner ready now, but come back later to see some awesome photos I took at the game today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Go 'Stros!