Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Coming Up: Two Losing Teams, Strasburg, and the Ten Year Anniversary of 9/11

The long awaited Astros trip to Washington to play the Nats is almost here! Unfortunately, it's a weekend series, so (due to Sabbath observance) I'll only be able to make it to the Sunday game. Thanks to my friend Chuck, who will be off on a fabulous vacation, I have most excellent tickets to this game. I'm expecting it to be quite a notable event, considering that it's a late season game between two losing teams. But with Stephen Strasburg expected to pitch for the Nats, and the momentous date (tenth anniversary of 9/11), it's likely to be a full stadium with quite a bit of pomp and ceremony.

After watching Strasburg pitch yesterday for the first time this season, I'm really looking forward to seeing him on Sunday. He's great and it's hard not to cheer for him. So here's the deal -- I will hope that he throws a perfect game for 6 innings, and then after they take him out, I hope the Astros go on a binge and win the game. The Nats left Strasburg in for 5 innings yesterday, and I doubt that they'll take a chance with letting him pitch much more than that in what remains of the year.

On Sunday I'll be sitting in the sixth row, ground level, behind first base. You can look for me during the televised game, wearing my Sunday red jersey with FAN IN EXILE on the back! But since Fox Sports Houston (which sometimes shows Astros fans in the stands between plays) isn't broadcasting, I'm not likely to appear.

1 comment:

Chas said...

Love your blog. Keep the faith. When they win it will make it worthwhile.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Go 'Stros!