Monday, April 8, 2013

I Think I'm Back



For anyone out there who might have noticed that I bailed on last season's blogging, here's an update. I went back and forth about whether the move to the AL -- and worse, the move to AL WEST -- was enough to drive me away. The stupid DH rule, games too late at night for me to watch live, and the years of rebuilding ahead... was all of that enough to give up 50 years of cheering for Houston's baseball team? After 30 years of living in the Washington area, shouldn't I just switch  to my current home team - the Nats are going to be contenders!

New season, old habits. I started watching the Astros play and started getting hooked. Hey, for one day -- first day of the season -- they had a winning record, before they went into a dizzying plunge. And then there was that thrilling game when they outwitted a perfect game. Okay, they were shut out, but at least they avoided the humiliation.

Now, thinking that we're probably going to move to LA in the not-so-distant future, things look a little different. Those really late night games, from an East Coast perspective, are prime time in California. And with the Angels in the same division, there will be lots of chances to go cheer in person. I'm going to be in LA this week; maybe I'll head down to Anaheim for the Sunday game...

I think I'm back. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Onсe you know what's getting you clients and what is popular enough business to be ready for both, incurring losses as well as concession pricing lists.

Here is my website; princeton internet marketing

Unknown said...

good post!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Go 'Stros!