Monday, March 30, 2009

Photo Finish...

The Astros nosed their way to a 3-2 win over the Blue Jays yesterday, thanks to an eighth inning homer from catcher Lou Santangelo. It wasn't a big day for the offense, with the other two runs coming off a solo homer by Michaels, and an RBI single from Pence.

The more interesting performance came from the pitching staff: Moehler logged another solid start with 6 innings, giving up 2 runs on 7 hits. Odd stats on this appearance - no walks, no strikeouts, and 6 of the 7 hits were doubles. Arias, who got the win, pitched 2 shutout innings, giving up only a single hit. Geary threw a perfect ninth to pick up his first save of the spring. For a team whose pitching has been constantly cited as a reason for dismay, all I can say is: Keep up the good work.

Bad news for the game: Berkman is still out with a sore shoulder. I'm not sure about the shape and size of his sideburns - I'll have to get a report from one of my on-site friends with season tickets.

While I listened to this game (their 8th win in the last 9 games, starting with my trip to Kissimmee!), I worked on some of my photos. I formatted and posted a bunch of pictures from the March 20 game against the Reds on my Photo Album. Enjoy. I also redesigned the home page of my Astros Fan in Exile website to put a little more emphasis on photos, since that's really one of the strengths of my site. I don't have the depth of baseball commentary of some of my baseball blogging colleagues, but I do have original photos!

I'll keep plugging along at updating the photo pages over the next week or so, so if you want to see Astros pictures, just keep checking the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Go 'Stros!