Sunday, May 16, 2010

GAMES 35-37: Do You Think Oswalt Still Ain't Mad???

GAME 35 - May 14: Giants 8, Astros 2
GAME 36 - May 15: Giants 2, Astros 1
GAME 37 - May 16: Giants 4, Astros 3
"I feel pretty good. My mechanics wasn't as good as it was last start, but good enough to lose." (Oswalt, on the Astros squandering another terrific start and leaving him stuck with the loss)
I've decided not to write much about these games. Too sad - especially the way the Astros let the Wiz get stuck with a loss in Saturday afternoon's game. I didn't watch it. I've made a new rule this season: I only watch the Sabbath games on the mlb.tv archive if the Astros win. I read about it though, and that made me glad that I was not watching it live, when the Astros loaded the bases in the ninth inning and didn't score.  Kaz Matsui stayed alive for 15 pitches, but then made the last out. I was watching today's game when Matsui came in to pinch bat in the ninth inning, with runners on the corners and two down. He made the last out again. I don't expect to see Matsui again after this season.

Carlos Lee got two hits in today's game, including a home run. He's still batting under .200.

I spent about 8 hours working in the garden today, planting the tomatillos and tomatoes and chiles. It was hot dirty work, and I'm pretty trashed out. I think I'll just publish this now and write about the Astros when it's more fun to talk about.

And oh, by the way, guys - try to win tomorrow. I'll be at the game in LA.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Go 'Stros!