Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My New Favorite Team in Exile

I have a confession to make. The Astros have been surpassed in the competition for my affection. There's a new team that I've become a huge fan of. Like the Astros, they're an out of town team, so I'll be following them from Exile. You might call them the "Twins," but they're not in Minnesota. Like the Astros, the new team features cute young men who wear hats. But rRally, there's no competition. Astros? Astros who? I've moved on...

When you see a picture of the out-of-town team I've become a fanatical fan of, you'll understand. One glimpse of them sunbathing barechested will make you swoon. Forget about Hunter and Michael and CJ and JA and Wandy and Carlos and Brett... Welcome Oscar and Oren -- my precious twin grandsons.


You see my problem? It's pretty hard to get my mind off these young fellows! They are so seriously adorable that's it's hard to think about stuff like baseball -- in the off season! At 6 days of age Oren and Oscar have surpassed all those 20-somethings in Houston. Can you blame me for my switching teams?


Just to be clear, becoming a grandmother for the two most precious babies in the world isn't going to keep me from following the hot stove, or making plans for Spring Training. They just put things in perspective.  



2 comments:

Eliz. said...

But there's only two of them. You'll have to start following beach volleyball.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful little boys!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Go 'Stros!