Friday, April 17, 2009

Batting Stance Guy

I was heating up the last of the Passover leftovers for our Sabbath dinner and watching yesterday's archived win over the Pirates, when I got a call from my cousin Bill the Reds Fan. Bill lives in Dayton, and is all decked out head to toe (or so he tells me) so that he can watch the Reds beat the Astros tonight (or so he tells me). He just called to let me know. I actually won't know the outcome of tonight's game until after the Sabbath ends tomorrow night, due to religious observance. (Sigh - I am really getting tired of watching the Astros play in reruns during this extensive holiday season!)

Anyway, in conversation he asked me if I'd ever seen the Batting Stance Guy do the Astros? I never heard of the BSG, but immediately googled him. What a hoot! Am I the last baseball fan in America not to have heard of this guy, who bills himself as having the "least marketable skill in America"? Just in case you have missed this, check it out. NOW!

Shabbat Shalom, Bill - and thanks. Enjoy the game, but not too much!

4 comments:

Austin said...

He cracks me UP! I came across him about a month ago. Did you see him do Tony Eusebio? That was my favorite, I also enjoyed his mockery of Lance and Ensberg. I'm glad you enjoyed it too.

RoundRock15 said...

Holy redesign. I like it. I'm not such a fan of BSG, but ah well. To each his own. :-)

RoundRock15 said...

By the way, you know, I'm from Dayton.

Astros Fan In Exile said...

RR - Yes, I remember that you are from Dayton. But you have better taste in baseball teams than my cousin Bill - who actually spent his childhood in Houston.

I think the BSG is a hoot and if he can maneuver his baseball passion into a way of making a living (at least for his 15 minutes of fame), good for him! I wonder if he could do pitchers - and if so, could one need TJ surgery from mimicking pitchers?

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Go 'Stros!