Tuesday, April 14, 2009

GAME 7: We'd Do Better Against the Somali Pirates

April 13: Pirates 7, Astros 0

There really isn't much to say about the Astros' first game of the season against the Pirates. Just more of the same. Their pitcher is going to get the Cy Young - there wasn't anything we could possible do against him. Well, he'll have to tie with the others who have pitched against the Astros lately. No comment. I didn't even see the game - I was at work and it was all over hours before I left. And, no, I didn't want to watch it on the archive... Too bad that Coop didn't do what the Yankees did yesterday - faced with a huge deficit, they put in their center fielder, Nick Swisher, to pitch. He did really well. Now if Bourn pitched the ninth inning, that would have been worth watching.

I'm just as glad today's an off day.

I'm going to go light my end-of-Passover holiday candles and start my two-days of self-imposed isolation from all things baseball. Hopefully sometime between now and Thursday night, when the holiday ends, the Astros will do something that will be entertaining to watch on the archive.

Happy end of Passover. Hit those matzah balls 400 feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Go 'Stros!