Sunday, June 28, 2009

This will be very short...

I've been a horrible blogger. I have several partially written game write-ups that I haven't posted. I'm a couple of series behind. I can't help it - it's THAT time of year: Proposals. When you work for a federal contractor, you know the drill. At the end of the fiscal year, the government wants to spend all its moola. Use it or lose it. So they issue requests for proposals and we write proposals. Last summer was just after another. This summer looks the same. I'm not really complaining: That's how we get business. But why can't they just issue RFPs in the OFF SEASON?

I have been watching most of the ballgames. Last night after the Sabbath ended, I watched both Friday and Saturday's winning games, back to back. But I have to admit, after getting home at 10 PM tonight, knowing that the Astros lost their chance for a sweep in a blown save, I don't really feel like watching the game.

The Astros are headed out West to play a series against the Padres. Usually I hate the West Coast games - they're on so late for me, here on the East Coast, I end up staying up way too late for a work night. But since this proposal started, I've been routinely getting home halfway though the night games. At least with the Astros in San Diego, I might get to see more of the games live.

A few team notes... Blum is back from the DL. Unfortunately that pushes Maysonet back to Round Rock. Too bad - I like Maysonet. And, to make room for Paulino to come back from the DL, the Astros designated Backe for assignment. I like Paulino - he had a triumphant welcome-home party against the Tigers last night. But it's bittersweet for Backe, who's a local guy (Galveston) and who had some great times for the Astros in the past.

I'll probably have to do one big bang catch-up posting for all the games I've missed writing up, like I did when I returned from Israel. Or I guess I could just stop writing up the season... but that would be too much like admitting that they aren't going to win the pennant this year. I won't do that until they're actually mathematically eliminated.

Meanwhile, tomorrow is another day... in the proposal tank. See you on Twitter when I get home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I've been following your website for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Houston Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the good work!

Here is my web blog: weightloss shakes

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Go 'Stros!